Subject: xmodmap, mozilla, kterm ,wm2
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: INOUE Katsumi <kinoue@jp.oracle.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/30/1998 19:21:42
Dear fellow netbsd users,

I have several questions.

1st, I can't get xmodmap do the job. Below is an cut&paste from xmodmap man.
And I tried both running this at startup(~/.Xmodmap), and after startup.
These commands are supposed to swap 'caps lock' and 'ctrl'.

--------
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
remove Control = Control_L
keysym Control_L = Caps_Lock
keysym Caps_Lock = Control_L
add Lock = Caps_Lock
add Control = Control_L
--------

These commands sort of take effect. But caps lock is still sticky.
I mean once caps lock is pressed, 'Control' is in effect until the key
is  pressed again. And ctrl key doesn't become sticky. It just behaves like
shift key.  My machine is PowerBook 550 with US keyboard.

2nd, I downloaded mozilla-06???.tgz from ftp.netbsd.org.
I succesfully installed lesstif by 'pkg_add lesstif*.tgz'.
But if I do 'pkg_add -v mozilla-06*.tgz', it returns in a second without
giving any output. If I do 'pkg_info mozilla-*', it returns correct info
after running 20 seconds.  What is wrong? Maybe bacause HDD is tight?

3rd, where is the kterm package. I found one in ftp.axe-inc.co.jp, but this looks a little
old. Isn't there a newer version? Why is it not on ftp.netbsd.org?

BTW, I compiled an very small X window manager called wm2. This is like exact opposite
of KDE. north pole of window managers, so to speak. The author explains why this was
developed in his page (www.all-day-breakfast.com) in a very nice language. :)
Footprint looks like 2/3 of twm. Maybe I'll create a package as an excercise although this only
requires just one file. The other thing it requires is X server has shape extension built in.

Regards,
Katsumi INOUE