Subject: How do I install onto multiple drives?
To: <>
From: sclark <sclark@htfm.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1998 19:25:07
When I tried to install onto a 500MB drive, I ran out
of space. I would like to install the Root and Swap
on one drive, while the Usr is on another drive.

sd0 at scsi ID 0
sd1 at scsi ID 1*/Usr
sd2 at scsi ID 2*/Root&/Swap
sd3 at scsi ID 5

sd2a: Root 'NetBSD Root' at 96     size 331796
sd2b: Swap 'NetBSD Swap' at 331892 size 147456
sd1g: Usr  'NetBSD Usr'  at 128    size 1057628

I followed these instructions:
1. Build Devices
2. Minishell
3. mkdir /usr
4. mount /dev/sd1g /usr
5. fstab force
6. /* I've tried to install before quiting and after */
   quit

Here is the problem that I now face. When the installer
gets to the /usr directory the light on drive (root/swap)
scsi ID2 still remains active and scsi ID1(usr) never
recieves any information, its light never comes on.
I then run out of space on my 230MB (root/swap) drive
because it creates a /usr directory on the 230MB disk.
How do I get it to install /usr onto the 500MB disk.

Thank you in advance,
Sean