Subject: Re: Cross-compiling HBC
To: Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@scdesantis.ne.mediaone.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1998 15:21:34
On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, Simon Raahauge DeSantis wrote:

: I'm trying to cross-compile HBC (a Haskell compilier) on a Linux box for
: my NetBSD/mac68k machine. I've built binutils and gcc for my mahcine on
: the Linux box and have them installed in decent places. I also installed
: /usr/include and /usr/lib into ~/local/{include,lib} (I'm not sure if
: that's the correct thing to do though,

: /home/xiamin/local/m68k-apple-netbsd1.3.2/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No
: such file or directory

: I had hoped that putting /usr/lib where I did would solve the ld problem,
: but I guess it didn't work. Can anyone give me a few pointers regarding
: cross-compiling?

Includes probably need to go in
/home/xiamin/local/m68k-apple-netbsd1.3.2/include and libraries in
/home/xiamin/local/m68k-apple-netbsd1.3.2/lib - that's the normal gcc
convention.

But be warned, cross compiling for a NetBSD target is /not/ fully supported.
It will also not produce dynamically linked executables; you'll end up with
(much larger) statically linked binaries.

Yes, cross compiling to NetBSD is being worked on.