Subject: Mdeom Port on Classic II
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Foakes <andrew@foakes.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/28/1998 20:02:55
Hello,

An update on NetBSD version 1.3.2 on my Classic II with apologies for
those who are bored silly by this.

I've managed to get a ppp link between my Classic II and another Mac
running OT/PPP, with a few error messages and generally slow connection
(it's time to play with a few of those ppp options).  As I'm not dialling
out, I've put pppd in /etc/ttys for tty01 rather than getty.  But, I've
had to do this with tty01 as tty00 never responds.  It doesn't even let
me put a terminal on it under getty, which tty01 does.  Does this mean I
have a piece of dead hardware or is there some other process that sets up
the modem port in a strange way that is stopping either getty or pppd
from working properly?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Andrew Foakes                            | I share my birthday with
E-mail:    andrew@foakes.demon.co.uk     | town with the Queen, but I'll
Home page: http://www.foakes.demon.co.uk | share my opinions with anybody.