Subject: Re: Help Can't Boot on Pef 476 (68040)
To: <>
From: sclark <sclark@htfm.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/1998 22:04:27
Thank you to Colin Wood and Eric B. Krauss, for diagnosing my
mouse problem.  I don't know how you knew that my Kingston mouse
was causing the problem, but you did.  I am now using a ALPS
Glidepoint which seems to work fine.

If the next questions are adressed else where please point me
in that direction, because I know how cluttered these
newsgroups can get.

1. How do I get Xwindows to run on NetBDS?
     Does terminal need to be set to Xterm?
     Do I need another .src file?
     If so, where can I get it?

2. Where can I find Perl for NetBSD, or am I just not
     finding it on my relese 1.3.2.

3. How do you go about shuting down NetBSD?
     I've used 'shutdown now' and it starts the process
     but it tries to start up again.
     Do I Just turn off the power or is there another approach
     to turning off the computer.

4. There is a band of the MasOS8 screen behind the NetBSD terminal.
     My monitor is set to 832X624 at thousands of colors
     and NetBSD terminal is vt220. How do I fix this?

Thank you all again for you help.

Sean