Subject: Re: ttyflags still?
To: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/27/1998 10:36:56

> 	I recently resurrected my IIcx and tried to install 1.3.2 onto
> it... despite spilling a can of Pepsi on it and frying a video card it was
> able to boot into NetBSD just fine, yay! Then, I swapped drives (I had
> booted off of an external 230MB drive), putting the 230MB drive in place
> of the internal 120MB, and it booted into MacOS just fine. I took out the
> video card I was using (I haven;t gotten around to getting it supported
> fully, video interrupts aren't being properly cleared, so ethernet doesn't
> work while it is installed) and ran on a spare Macintosh Display Card
> (8bit). It booted into single user just fine, but when I tried to go
> multi-user it hung setting the ttyflags.
>
> 	I was under the impression that this had been fixed... maybe it is
> in -current and hadn't made it into the 1.3.2 release. Is this the case?
> Or is it still not fixed? If it would help I can try it again and give a
> backtrace.

Put a long sleep (say 5 seconds) in before setting the tty flags. One of the
folks who had been hit hard by this problem discovered that it was infact
the SCSI controller hanging the machine during the fsck's which start
just before the ttyflags command.

The long sleep makes sure that all the fsck's finish nicely before trying
the ttyflags command. It at least will show you where the problem is. :-)

Take care,

Bill