Subject: Re: emacs trouble
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Chris <ferret@atlantis.nconnect.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/26/1998 21:58:58
Ken Nakata kenn@synap.ne.jp 7/26/98 2:33 AM said:

>Ouch.  I'm assuming you are trying to install Emacs binary pkg for
>m68k.  You don't use Installer to install binary pkges.  You should
>copy the downloaded .tgz file into NetBSD partition if it's not
>already there, boot NetBSD and use pkg_add command; i.e.:
>
>pkg_add -v emacs20.2.tgz
>
>or something like that.

that worked on getxinfo, emacs and perl but it griped about pico.
(it says it can't read the +CONTENTS file so it must not be a package)
emacs starts up okay but perl locks the computer (not enough memory?)
and if I try to start pico it says
pico: Command not found
pico's not crucial but it sure would be nice for it to work

thanks for the help w/emacs as that was the most crucial one.

chris f.

Dee Dee "Dexter calls his labcoat 'Freddy!" <giggle>
Dexter   "Fuh-reddy does not a-like you!"