Subject: Re: no ld. so?
To: Allen Briggs <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris <ferret@atlantis.nconnect.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/26/1998 13:14:17
Allen Briggs briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com 7/26/98 8:08 AM said:
>I know you've solved this, now, but it might be worth explaining this
>error.  The 'no match' is actually coming from the C shell because you
>specified 'ld.so*'.  It looked in the current directory for 'ld.so*',
>couldn't find it, and gave you 'no match'.  It never even ran the find
>command.  To get around this, you can put the argument in single quotes:
>
># find / -name 'ld.so*' -print
>
>Or, in this case, just skip the asterisk (which will make the find
>a little faster, too):
>
># find / -name ld.so -print

     I thought . signified start searcnhing in current directory and
since
I was down in / that it would search everything. I now know from that I
should use / to make it search the entire system.
     I boobooed the part about using " when also using wildcards, it's
been
awhile since I had to use un*x so even my user skills are rusty let alone
my almost
non-existent admin skills.

Thanks for the helpful reminder,
chris f.