Subject: Re: no ld. so?
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Chris <ferret@atlantis.nconnect.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/26/1998 00:51:23
>i think that this may be fixed in current, but basically, you need to
>create a file called "/etc/ld.so.conf"  with the following lines:
>
>/usr/X11R6/lib
>/usr/pkg/lib
>
>assuming that you have these directories.  that should be sufficient to
>get X-related stuff to work and those few pkg programs that depend on
>pkg-based shared libs.

     yeah! well that got me further than before and now I feel a lot more
positive.
I hate ed & vi so I was pretty desperate to get emacs running. it didn't
start
up w/out problems tho' and filled several lines w/complaints about not
finding
lisp pkg's in /usr/pkg.
     I'll try re-installing just emacs after I shutdown as I
suspect that because I installed emacs in the original install process it
couldn't
configure properly.
     one thing I don't understand is the installer. if you're installing
for the
first time and some of the files you're installing require configuration
how can
it do it if the installation process is based on installing them
alphabetically?

thanks again,
chris f.

Dee Dee "Dexter call his labcoat 'Freddy!" <giggle>
Dexter   "Fuh-reddy does not a-like you!"