Subject: Re: no ld. so?
To: Chris <ferret@atlantis.nconnect.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1998 22:19:46
Chris wrote:
> so...being more of a un*x user than an administrator up to now I'm
> a little overwhelmed by the array of things that can and have gome wrong.
> I did a complete re-format and install of netbsd thinking maybe the third
> time would be the charm except I'm still having one little problem.
> programs that require ld.so won't run.

that's not quite true..."find" itself requires ld.so, so you aren't having
that problem.  in all likelihood, you're only having problems with things
that require X libraries or libraries in the pkg system.

> there's no ld.anything in /etc
> where it's supposed to be.
> find . -name ld.so* -print
> gets me no match.
> this time I partitioned usr and root together so everything's mounted.
>
> clues anyone?

i think that this may be fixed in current, but basically, you need to
create a file called "/etc/ld.so.conf"  with the following lines:

/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/pkg/lib

assuming that you have these directories.  that should be sufficient to
get X-related stuff to work and those few pkg programs that depend on
pkg-based shared libs.

i hope this helps.

later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation