Subject: HELP : Strange thing with JAZ
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Fabiano Petrone <fabiano.petrone@bib.uniud.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/25/1998 17:26:48
Hello to everybody.
I've an LC 630 + JAZ.  I've installed NetBSD with success but, after 2-3
months of usage I've had a filesystem crash.
In the meantime I've purchased an external HD and I've installed another
netBSD here, with the intention to employ the JAZ only for backup purposes.

I've tried to re-format the JAZ cartridge with Anubis 3, but the format
failed with the following messages:

1. if I choose "initialize" : error writing in Boot Block (Block 0)
2. if I choose "install" (a new drive) : error : can't find driver
descriptor in block 0.

I've tried unsuccessfully also with HDT 2. Here the error message (after
inizialization) was the following:

media verify encountered a possible bad block. use the test function for
more extensive testing or to remap bad blocks.

.....but the test function tells me that the JAZ should be formatted first!!

Please, can somebody help me? The cartridge is loss forever?

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply,

Fabiano

    (\__/)  .~    ~. ))
   /0 0 `./      .'
  {O__,   \    {
    / .  . )    \
    |-| '-' \    } ))

** when the levee breaks, you gotta move **
 Everything in moderation, including moderation

FABIANO PETRONE
CISB di SCIENZE
UNIVERSITA' DI UDINE
Via delle Scienze, 208