Subject: Re: Followup:Hello, any hints....
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/1998 20:35:09
>>try either doing this:
>>
>>mount -u /usr
>
>bsd didn't understand or like that but 'mount /usr' solved the 'find'
>problem.
>
>>or going into multi-user mode.
>>
>>it sounds a lot like you're in single-user and don't have the /usr
>>directory currently available (this explains both the "no ld.so" and the
>>"find: not found" errors.
>
>I was sure I was in multi-user mode, oh well

Perhaps with this install, you forgot to restore rc.conf to being
CONFIGURED=YES

>now to solve the emacs problem

Once ld.so.conf knows where your libs are, you should be fine....

(much easier than the probs I'm having with the port-alpha, since they
don't use ld.so at all & we must specify lib paths on linking of
compiling...ugh...is NetBSD moving toward using the elf system at all, or
is it just a port-alpha experiment at the moment?)

Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.