Subject: Followup:Hello, any hints....
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris <ferret@atlantis.nconnect.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/1998 18:14:13
okay,
    like the posts that followed mentioned, my 4-button mouse was recognised
but that'll be irrelevant til I have enough ram to X.
    my ergo keyboard was recognised as an 'adjustable' keyboard.

I down loaded emacs-20.2 and gtexinfo-3.12 and installed them via the
installer.
when I try to run emacs I get this message:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: emacs: libXaw.s.o.6: no such file or directory
or this message:
No ld.so
so, if X is all installed:
xbase
xcomp
xcontrib
xfont
xserver
and emacs is all installed than what's missing or do I need to configure it
for
NetBSD. That wouldn't suprise me but it'd be the first time I installed
emacs
that it didn't do it.

    problem two is that when I type '#adduser' or '#adduser <username>'
I get: adduser: not found
    I tried to do a find to make sure it was installed: #find . -name
adduser -print
and got: find: not found
    I've read about such zen-like occurrences happening to others but it's
never happened to me before.

    did I screw-up my rc.conf? did the install go bad and I didn't notice?
(I fell asleep, doing CAD can really tire you out :-)

ugghh, I haven't had a flawless unix install since early '97
why does the geek in me persist on trying to have a unix system in my house?

help!
chris