Subject: Re: Another Kernel Question
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Paul Ripke <stixpjr@ozemail.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/24/1998 08:58:39
Ken Nakata wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jul 98 4:08:12 EDT, I-Jong Lin wrote:
> >
> > 1.  When the code hits the start symbol, does logical 0 = physical 0
> >     as far as memory locations are concerned?  If it doesn't, how
> >     can I assure that a mapping like this exists temporarily?
>
> If you boot NetBSD with MacOS Virtual Memory turned OFF (which is
> requred), virtual == physical for all addresses, I think.

I'm not too sure about the IIcx, but on the IIsi this is definitely not
true - which is (I think) the main reason my DayStar 040 doesn't work.
AFAICT, virtual 0 = physical 0x4000000, or maybe it's 0x50000. It's been
a while since I looked at it.

BTW, does anyone know how to translate a PHYSICAL address into a LOGICAL
address under MacOS? I'm trying to read the page tables under MacOS,
but given the physical address in the SRP, I'm lost as to how I can find
it's logical location.

Cheers,
--
Paul Ripke