Subject: Re: tar problem
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@wcnet.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/23/1998 20:35:42
Colin Wood wrote:

> In all reality, you just need to install enough of base.tgz to get tar in
> there, then you can do the rest from within NetBSD.  Of course, if you can
> find some nice person who is not behind a firewall to put up a nice
> gzipped copy of tar somewhere accessible, that might be more useful ;-)

I tried this, and a new problem has arisen: Installer 1.1g unexpectedly quits,
apparently as it is installing /usr/bin/send-pr.

If I can unzip and untar base.tgz on the Mac and then cpin tar, should it
work?  I'm sure I've pretty thoroughly trashed things at this point with all
these halfway completed installs.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Ohlmann

--      Two computers, four operating systems.      --
-- http://www.wcnet.org/~jaohlma/comp/two-four.html --