Subject: tar problem
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeffrey Ohlmann <jaohlma@wcnet.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/23/1998 19:12:46
I'm finally getting around to upgrading to 1.3.2 and have downloaded the
binary sets.  The problem is that lately random things have been breaking on
my 1.2 system.  One of these things is tar.  Any attempt to invoke tar,
including tar -v results in a segmentation fault/core dump.

I don't want to use the installer utility if I don't have to, but I'm at a bit
of a loss otherwise.  A friend suggested that I try to build a new binary from
the source, but I can't untar the source even if I got it.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions regarding what might be causing the
problem and/or any possible workarounds.

Thanks,

Jeffrey Ohlmann

--      Two computers, four operating systems.      --
-- http://www.wcnet.org/~jaohlma/comp/two-four.html --