Subject: Re: Booter Crash
To: Kim Howe <khowe@fullcomp.com.au>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1998 22:32:30
Kim Howe wrote:
> G'day
>
> I'm trying to get NetBSD 1.3.2 up and running on a Performa 400.
> It has :
> 10 MB Ram
> 68882 Card Installed
> OS 7.0.1
> 80Meg Internal SCSI
> 1 Gig External being used for NetBSD.
>
> I have installed the kernal, base.tgz and etc.tgz packages, selected the
> SCSI ID for the external in the Booter.  All seems to go well, the "And I
> sez to him" message comes up, it switches monitor colours, then the whole
> lot freezes up.
>
> Any suggestions?

Take a look at the faq and run through the question on "my mac doesn't
boot, what now?" or something along those lines:

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/faq/

If none of that works, please let us know...from my notes, the P400 is
basically an LCII, so it ought to be supported.

I hope this helps.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation