Subject: Re: "After" ruined of failing to #vipw....... (TT)
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1998 21:14:52
>Wed, 22 Jul 1998 09:48:05 -0500, Michael G. Schabert wrote:
>>
>> First, you should know that NetBSD/Mac68k doesn't support IDE yet, although
>> it is very close now (unless Apple did something weird with its IDE
>> implementation).
>
>Do you have who's working on it?

(backpedaling as fast as I can)

Actually, I got confused as to which list I had read the IDE stuff
in....The Alpha port just added IDE support (IDE disks and ATAPI CDs) on
the Multia and AXPPCI33. I apologize for the confusion and hope that noone
was mislead too badly.

In short...if you've got an IDE system, yer still hosed until you hear
otherwise(from someone other than me ;-).....actually, you'll just have to
use an external SCSI drive :).

Sorry,
Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.