Subject: Re: "After" ruined of failing to #vipw....... (TT)
To: Naoki Kobayashi <tsu23715@mail.interq.or.jp>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.buf.servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/22/1998 09:48:05
>    NOW ,I can't formatt internal harddisk and partition it.
> "Apple HD setup" can't!!! Even if I boot from external one.
> I want to install NetBSD-mac68k (or linux-mac68k (^^;;?  )
>(#linux-mac68k doesn't support SCSI) into internal harddisk.

First, make sure that you're using the right Apple formatter. Apple has 2
separate formatters, one is for IDE (which your internal is), and the other
is for SCSI. The SCSI formatter was called Apple HD SC Setup, while the IDE
formatter was called Drive Setup. You'll have to use Drive Setup to format
your internal.

First, you should know that NetBSD/Mac68k doesn't support IDE yet, although
it is very close now (unless Apple did something weird with its IDE
implementation).

HTH
Mike

Bikers don't *DO* taglines.