Subject: Re: -current breakage
To: Scott Reynolds , NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/20/1998 20:31:58
>for what it's worth, all 4 systems i have here -- IIx, IIci, IIfx, and
>LC476 -- are running up-to-the-minute current, UVM-enabled kernels.  if
>you have lots of RAM and/or run processes that tend to consume large
>amounts of RAM, you should strongly consider bumping NKMEMCLUSTERS to some
>value between 2048 and 8192.  (as i rcall, the default for kernels without
>the GATEWAY option is 512, and with GATEWAY it's 1024.)

Ah, I forgot about that. I'll give it a try. Perhaps we should bump this value
up by default or is that bad for machines with a small amount of RAM?

Is there some way this value can be calculated by default or is it strictly a
hand-tuneable item?

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill