Subject: None
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Foakes <netbsd@foakes.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/19/1998 13:54:05
Hello,

This is the second time I've been part of this list.  Both times, I've
tried to run NetBSD on a Classic II.  The first time was with version 1.2
and the ADBTEST version 164 kernel, which was OK, but X was ill behaved
and there were some petty problems with the screen (vt220 emulation) and
the keyboard.  This time I'm using version 1.3.2 with Norikai Yamada's c2
kernel, and all is wonderful.  X now works as it should, the screen is
never caught out and there is even a ksh!  So first off, a big thank you
to the those whose hard work this represents - especially Norikai Yamada
for the kernel.  I've put up a summary page on my experiences
(http://www.foakes.demon.co.uk/NetBSD.html) but I really just followed
the instructions.

But, all this still makes it a stand alone box.  It would be ideal if I
could get my Classic to talk to the rest of my network.  Under MacOS, I
use a Farallon EtherWave adapter that connects via the printer port.
Given that I suspect the chip inside this is the same as other EtherWave
boxes and hence is supported, is there any way I can get NetBSD to squirt
TCP through the printer port?  Where do I start to look for
hints/tips/code etc?

Thanks,

Andrew Foakes