Subject: Re: how to use ROM maps?
To: None <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/19/1998 18:24:45
Space Case wrote:
> On Jul 17,  2:54pm, Ken Nakata wrote:
> >How do I make use of them?  I find some interesting-looking entry
>
> Put the map for your system, and MacsBug, into your System Folder and
> reboot your system.

You mean I can drop the .map file into the System Folder and get the
symbols in it instead of hex addresses?  Wow!  I was wondering how to
do just that!  Thanks, Steve, and of course Michael, too!  It was
helpful enough to know that the four-digit hex values are offsets from
the ROM base, but I was getting tired of editting addresses by hand in
my MacsBug log files after a while ;-) This will make it much easier.

> You can break into MacsBug either on startup or
> after the system's up and running, but I forget the keysequences needed
> to do it...

It's command+power (or the programmer switch if your Mac has one).

Thanks, Steve! - Joliet Jake Blues

Ken