Subject: Re: netatalk versions
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: William R. Dickson <wrd@awenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/17/1998 09:59:56
On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > OK, the asun version says it's for Linux only.  The netbsd one says it
> > doesn't support AppleShare IP.  So how do you put the asun version on
> > netbsd to get ASIP support?  Get Adrian Sun's patches and apply them to the
> > netbsd version?
>
> Where doe Adrian's version say it's for Linux only? It's Linux-centric,
> but it works for NetBSD. At least as of version b9 or so.

It works very well with NetBSD, although it my require a couple tweaks
here and there in the latest snapshot.  If you run into a problem during
build, drop me a note; Adrian sent me some instructions on the necessary
tweaks, which I've saved somewhere.

-Bill

--
 William R. Dickson -- Consuming the Earth's limited resources since 1968
 wrd@awenet.com  <>  http://www.awenet.com/~wrd/  <>  VNB3T, VSC1T, VSX1T

     He is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he
     who believes what is wrong.
                                              - Thomas Jefferson