Subject: how to use ROM maps?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/17/1998 14:54:12
Hi,

This afternoon, I was browsing my CodeWarrior Academic Pro 11 CD-ROM
(yes, it's oooold but I got it for just $30) and came across the ROM
maps under the MPW folder.  I guess these have the offset of ROM
routine entries?

Anyhow, I've managed to Build ROM.Maps, hoping the resulting output
would be something more useful than the input files, but they look
pretty much the same to me.  I mean, I have no idea how to interpret
the files.

How do I make use of them?  I find some interesting-looking entry
names in AVROM.lst that I'd like to start disassembling so that I
might be able to have some idea how those AV-Mac-specific chips work
(e.g. PSC, the Singer codec, ATT3210 DSP, etc...).  Especially, it'd
be cool to bus_dma'ify PSC code and support DMA for esp and zs drivers
(it'd be even cooler to get some clues on how to implement audio
driver using the Singer codec and PSC).

Thanks,

Ken