Subject: Re: unsuported focus ethernet card
To: dogcow <bjk@merlin.albany.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1998 16:01:21

> Hello, using the supported enet chips as a reference tthis is the chip
> info on my yet unsupported focus ethernet card.
>
> the chip is labelled as followed:
> SMC
> smc91c92qf p
> d9351
> 6c72390-5
>
> this is a nubus card and in a IIci
> and when the box boots it saus ae0 unsupported FOCUS device.
>
> -
> in the doc the closest focus card  athats supported in the doc is the
> etherlan2 with the chip number of SMC91C92

That chip uses the sm driver, which isn't supported w/ mac68k. Yet.

Do you feel like learning how to make kernel drivers? This one'd be
fairly easy AFAICT. There's a fairly well-established M.I. driver which
you just have to set up the hooks for.

All you'd need to know are how the registers are spaced.

Take care,

Bill