Subject: Re: [Fwd: mount_ext2fs]
To: None <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Brian Wildasinn <bwildasi@hotmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/1998 11:00:00
>Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:40:03 +0200
>To: "<bwildasi@csulb.edu>" <bwildasi@hotmail.com>
>From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
>Subject: Re: [Fwd: mount_ext2fs]
>Cc: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG

[snip]
>>Doing a full install of netbsd-1.3.2 over older versions takes me a
>>long time as I only know how to do that from the Mac-side installer
>>tools, and have only used the ftp way for packages. Which is a real
>>pitty since I've dedicated a roomy 750 Megs to netbsd on  a gig hard
disk.

>What's wrong with transferring the 1.3.2 binary tarballs to the NetBSD
side
>and "tar --unlink -zxpf XXX.tgz" them in single user mode?
[snip]
Well, I was never able to resolve why my ftp sessions have errors in
them, although i did post some questions regarding pppd when i first
became aware of download problems. By the way I was getting so pissed at
the slow download speeds until discovering a change that needed to be
made in my /etc/ttys file which needed to match my /etc/ppp-up file for
the default pppd /dev/tty00 19200 speed setting, which I uppped to
57600. Pointing me to the man pppd or chap pages I don't think is going
to solve this one. Here's some of my unresolved ftp errors using ppp:
http://www.findmail.com/list/port-mac68k/12794.html
 http://www.csulb.edu/~bwildasi/unix/netbsd/packets