Subject: Re: [Fwd: mount_ext2fs]
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/1998 10:32:43
Ken Nakata wrote:
> Colin Wood wrote:
> > I think that Hauke was right and the NetBSD/mac68k kernel doesn't
> > recognize ext2fs filesystems as he states below:

> I think this is somehow irrelevant as to why you cannot mount_ext2fs a
> partition formatted by MacLinux.  At least, mount_* commands doesn't
> seem to care what type the partition is labeled, nor does mount(2).

Really?  That seems a bit strange.....

> It leads me to conclude that, as long as MacLinux follows the MacOS
> partitioning scheme, there should be nothing to prevent us from
> mounting ext2fs-formatted partitions.

I think it does, but of course, I know very little about it, so...

> The current ext2fs seems to be aware of different endians, but 1.3.2
> may not be (though I'm not sure, not having checked the actual code).
> Perhaps, the latest current snapshot might help.

According to a post from Manuel Bouyer to current-users, I think, the
bi-endian ffs stuff was in the 1.3 branch, so it should be in 1.3.2
(unless I was reading the posting wrong).

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation