Subject: Re: IP-Nat
To: patriot <patriot@primenet.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/1998 22:23:44
At 23:21 Uhr +0200 13.07.1998, patriot wrote:
>I sure can.  I can try it again.  To get the gateway/firewall
>functionality do I need fwtk??
>If I do then that is the problem.  When it says to go into it and start
>making configurations where you go into several files and then change
>them the thing that you need to change is missing from all of the files.
>I got the installer directly from the group that holds fwtk.  When would
>I need the fwtk and how safe would it be to run NetBSD without it?
>
>Is there an IMAP mail server available for MacBSD?  If there is where
>would I get it from and what else would I need to have my own mailserver
>that can have both POP and IMAP4 clients?

There is a package called "IMAP4" that runs just fine as an imap and pop3
server on MacBSD. Don't know if it is in the NetBSD ports collection, yet.

>From the

Mini FAQ on client-server mail protocols

2. Where can I get a IMAP server?

   For Unix:

   The Washington IMAP distribution is the most widely used IMAP
   server.  Widely ported and easy to install.  Includes POP2 and POP3
   servers as well.
   ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/imap.tar.Z

   The Cyrus IMAP server differs from other IMAP server implementations
   in that it is generally intended to be run on "sealed" servers, where
   normal users are not permitted to log in. The mailbox database is
   stored in parts of the filesystem that are private to the Cyrus IMAP
   system. All user access to mail is through the IMAP, POP3, or KPOP
   protocols.  For information, http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/cyrus/cyrus
   ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail

	hauke