Subject: Re: Problems with ppp for gateway
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Paul Ascoli <patriot@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/1998 12:10:59
Ok I am suppose to use the ppp-up command to initiate the ppp dialup.  My
error says something about the bad flag  being something related to 'P'.

The script that I am using is

#!/bin/sh
# ppp-up - start pppd
#
PPPDIR=/etc/ppp
NUMBERLIST=$PPPDIR/ppp-numbers
LOGIN=$PPPDIR/ppp-login
CHATSCRIPT=$PPPDIR/ppp-chat
CONNECT=$PPPDIR/ppp-connect
#
# To change this file to work w/ tty01, just change all the tty00's
# to tty01's in this file (two immediately below, one on the pppd line)
# and in the ppp-down script.
#
if [ -f /var/spool/lock/LCK..tty00 ]; then
  p=`cat /var/spool/lock/LCK..tty00`
else
  p=""
fi
#
if [ -n "$p" ]; then
  echo -n pppd is already running...
else
  echo -n starting the pppd daemon...
  pppd /dev/tty00 38400 connect "$CONNECT $NUMBERLIST $LOGIN $CHATSCRIPT"
fi
echo done

Any one with any ideas?

Paul

"Intel Inside"...The world's most widely used warning label."

"Mac users often swear by their Macs, whereas PC users often swear at
their PCs."
   'At times we must engage an act of faith that
    key things are doable that are not provable' -- Bob Galvin