Subject: Re: IP-Nat
To: Armen Babikyan <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: patriot <patriot@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/13/1998 21:21:55
I sure can.  I can try it again.  To get the gateway/firewall
functionality do I need fwtk??
If I do then that is the problem.  When it says to go into it and start
making configurations where you go into several files and then change
them the thing that you need to change is missing from all of the files.
I got the installer directly from the group that holds fwtk.  When would
I need the fwtk and how safe would it be to run NetBSD without it?

Is there an IMAP mail server available for MacBSD?  If there is where
would I get it from and what else would I need to have my own mailserver
that can have both POP and IMAP4 clients?

Thanks,

Paul

>>I am a newcomer to unix but have been trying to get my IIcx up and running
>>as a gateway.  The problem is that all of the documentation that is
>>available for the networking part of it is not consistent with the
>>programs that I have.  If anyone out there would be willing to help me
>>configure this thing I would greatly appreciate it.  It would save me the
>>cost of buying another computer to do the work that this one should be
>>able to do.
>
>Uh oh, looks like time for an update...
>
>I (try) to handle the NetBSD IP-NAT HOWTO at
>http://radon.moof.ai.mit.edu/~armenb/ipnat.html
>
>Assuming the inconsistencies you find are in this document (or have you not
>looked here yet? :), could you tell me when you start running into
>problems?  That way you can get your problem fixed and the document gets
>fixed for everyone else.
>
>thanks,
>
>  - a

If there was a way that it should be Why isn't it that way?

The box said "Needs Windows95 or better" - So I bought another Macintosh!

Mary had a little lamb.  The doctor was surprised.