Subject: Re: Some questions (just installed 1.3.2)
To: Kevin Ogden <kkb@ddw.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/13/1998 15:43:23
Kevin Ogden wrote:
> My HD bit it again so I grabbed another SCSI drive and decided to install
> 1.3.2 finally and I've got a few stupid questions :)
>
> 1.) I was looking around and saw some binaries for audio control.  Does
> audio work on the II CI?  That'd be pretty cool!

Not yet.  There are a couple of people working on it, tho.  Perhaps by
1.4 if we're lucky.

> 2.) Does the OSFA server work with the Radius PrecisionColor 8/24X?

Does the board work with either the color LKM or Paul's SLOTMAN kernels?
(The server should be relatively independent of hardware, it's the kernel
support that matters).

> 3.) Is there any work being done on Mac II FX support?  I'd love to drag
> that old box out of the closet, it's pretty zippy for an 030!

Mmmmm....not a whole lot that I know of at the moment.

> 4.) I went to look at some man page earlier and it told me it couldn't find
> nroff....  So I looked for it and couldn't find it either.  Is this not in
> the base.tgz tarball for 1.3.2?

Hmmmm....it might be in text.tgz, but I'd think it would be in
base.tgz...is your path setup correctly.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation