Subject: Re: AppleCD 150 + CD-R? (Off topic)
To: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
From: Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D. <drk@shore.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/13/1998 11:34:58
Eric Damien Berna wrote:

>At 3:27 AM -0500 7/9/98, Wayne Chang wrote:
>>Sorry this is off-topic.
>>
>>I am considering purchasing a very cheap and very old AppleCD 150 so
>>that I can use the NetBSD CD that Bob Nestor (hi Bob) pressed for me.
>>Will this CD player read CD-R discs such as the NetBSD CD?
>
>Older Apple CD readers could not read multisession CDs. CD-R disks can (and
>usually are) written in multisession format, so many CD-R disks will not
>work with these drives. Yet, CD-Rs can be written in single session format.
>If you only wish to use one particular CD-R disk and it was written in
>single session format it should work. On the other hand, you should be able
>to find a newer CD reader for not much money (well under $100).

I have one of these, and it definitely will NOT read the CD-R's that I
write, even though I always write a single session!

Dan Killoran

Got a device you would like to have run on the Mac? Call:
                 Daniel-the-Driver-Maker
      Fast service - accurate work - responsive support

         (Offer void wherever taxed or prohibited!)