Subject: Re: RasterOps video card?
To: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1998 22:46:40
Greg,
    It was interesting to see Paul's response to your query!
Last December, I ran into difficulty using a 264 (I have three
of them, 2 at ROM 1.3 and the other 1.1).  I sent one to Paul
so he could work out the bugs with it and SLOTMAN!  He did it
in about three days, and popped up a new kernel for me to try.
Well, thats when we ran into grief!  You see, I tried it in my
IIci but one with the 1.1 ROM!  Paul had gotten it going on the
1.3, and I was trying to run it on the 1.1.  That kinda jerked
us around for awhile, but we finally nailed it...but the 1.1 is
still no go, but the 1.3 runs fine for me now, thanks to his
work!  It was that episode back in Dec '97 that added support
for the 264 to SLOTMAN.

Now I only have two of them :) both the 1.3's.....needless to
say.  But I've never tried mine at 24 bit color because its
not supported; or is it now?  It wasn't then, and I was using
the old Mar95 X server anyway....I still run SLOTMAN and I
guess it would still be called pre-1.3, or early, with the
kernel of Dec'97 vintage...

Paul