Subject: Re: RasterOps video card?
To: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1998 18:44:00
There are at least two different versions of this card, although I can't
remember the specific differences.  It had something to do with the on-
board ROMs.  One version worked just fine with my SLOTMAN kernel, but
the other didn't work at all.  :(

BTW, when I get back from an extended business trip this weekend, I will
be working at getting SLOTMAN updated to something closer to -current.
There's some problem making it work with UVM, but I hope to get that
fixed RSN.

 On Sun, 12 Jul 1998, Greg Dunn wrote:

> I just got a RasterOps ColorBoard 264 very cheap (like, free).  Has anyone
> tried this before?  If it works, or if no one has given it a shot, I'll
> experiment and report back to the list.  Since it's allegedly a 24-bit
> card, I'm hoping it'll let me go to static color in X.
>
> My system:
>
> Mac IIci
> 32MB RAM (PC SIMMs work great, btw)
> Asante MacCon ethernet/32K
> Apple Toby card
> Extended KBII
> Logitech TrackMan Marble
>
> Still using 1.3 w/SLOTMAN-SBC-MRG
>
> --
> | Greg Dunn                       | Every year is getting shorter,    |
> | gregdunn@indy.net               | never seem to find the time       |
> | GregDunn@aol.com                | Plans that either come to nought  |
> | GregDunn@compuserve.com         | or half a page of scribbled lines |
> | http://members.aol.com/gregdunn |                  Pink Floyd       |

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |