Subject: Powerbook status?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Maciolek <mikem@centerline.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1998 13:48:34
Does anyone know the scoop on:

1. Display support for PowerBook 100 series, or
2. Floating-point emulation on the PB-500 series?

I have both a PB-165 and a PB-520c, and I would love to run
NetBSD on at least one of them, but these two issues are pretty
major roadblocks.

(naive) question 1:
On the 500-series, is it possible for a generally-skillful
hobbyist to replace the 68LC040 chip with a fully-enabled 68040,
and would the resulting system then be able to run full NetBSD,
with graphics & X support?

(naive) question 2:
On the 100-series, is there any work-in-progress on support for
either the built-in screen or the external monitor?

(naive) question 3:
Is it OK to be asking these questions in this forum?  (if not, I
am terribly sorry.  Please forgive my intrusion.)

Thanks,

	Mike