Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: Kris Lander <kris@inquo.net>
From: Johan Claesson <Johan.Claesson@uab.ericsson.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/12/1998 00:04:38
Hi Kris,

First, your problem running your newly created C-prog. The problem is that
the current working directory is not your path environment (se echo $PATH).
When ever you runs an application by only typing the name of it. The
$PATH-variable is searched for entries.
To fix this you either type ./a.out to run it, or you may add "." to your
path. Adding "." to the PATH is not a very good idea, due to security
problems, and it is better to learn to use ./ beforer running any binary that
doesn't exist in your $PATH.

Second, to make a nother user being able to become root, you must add him/her
to the group wheel. Edit /etc/group and add the requested user to this group.
The format of a group entry is: groupname:password:group id:user1:user2:etc
Ex. wheel:*:0:kris

Good Luck!

Regards Johan