Subject: Newbie questions
To: NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kris Lander <kris@inquo.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/11/1998 02:16:11
Hi all, I just installed NetBSD/Mac68k on my old Macintosh IIcx, and
while I'm familiar with Unix operating systems, I just have a few
questions.

I tried to compile a simple HelloWorld program, (I'm still learning
C/C++, so this is a real easy one for me to write and compile).  I guess
everything compiled alright, I got an a.out file.  But, when I try to run
the program to see if it worked I get a message that says:
a.out: Command not found.
I checked the permissions on the file, and everything seems alright, but
I just can't run the program.  (Oh, I compiled it by using the command
"g++ helloworld.C").

Also, how do I give another user root or super user (are they the same
thing) access?  Do I just make the UID 0 (zero)?

Thanks in advance for you help.

          Kris Lander
          kris@inquo.net