Subject: Re: Is this a new disk problem?
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/09/1998 16:44:29
At 4:29 PM -0700 7/9/98, Colin Wood wrote:
>Hmmmm...well, if one of those partitions could be backed up (or you don't
>mind possibly losing the contents :-), you might try re-zapping one with
>Mkfs (but not rerunning mkfs, if that makes sense).  I don't think this
>will hurt anything, but others will know far more about this than I do.

You mean use mkfs to set the partition type?

Since that didn't used to be possible I never got in the habit.  I just
made sure that HD SC Setup set the proper partition type.  In the case of
sd3 it comes back to me that I made the two partitions usr 4 and usr 5, or
something like that.  I did not make them root, or root&usr partitions
since I only have one root partition!

I suspect that accounts for the unknown partition type, now that I think of it.