Subject: Re: Audio on NetBSD / ASC
To: Arnaud Blanchard <jblancha@pratique.fr>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/09/1998 14:45:14
Arnaud Blanchard wrote:
> At 1:57 PM -0700 on 7/9/98, Colin Wood wrote:
>
> > I figured out more or less how to do this a couple of days after that
> > post (and I think that Keiki figured out something similar around the
> > same time).  Much thanks to Scott Reynolds for his help on that one,
> > too!  It only works on the ASC at the moment, tho.  The EASC doesn't seem
> > to do interrupts (or at least I haven't found them yet).  Keiki has an
> > ascreg.h file that kinda documents what we've learned so far, and he was
> > going to work on a /dev/audio implementation, but I don't know how far
> > that's gone at the moment....
>
> Yes....
> I've tried to install interrupt in via.c for my ][ci...
> I can't made it work :-(

I couldn't either, but Scott managed to show me what was needed :-)

> So... do you know where I can find
> -> source of it ?

of what exactly?

> -> some doc about ASC

the Guide to the Macintosh Family Hardware, 2nd ed. is about all there is,
with perhaps a little bit of useful stuff in Inside Macintosh: Sound.
I've also got the IIci and Q700's .Sound drivers converted into some kind
of C-like pseudocode.

> -> piece of code working..

I'll have to see what I have on my machine at home.  It's been a month or
more since I've looked at it.

> I look through my mail archive, & I can't find it ..( aswer of the message
> send from Keiki ... may have problem at this time )
> So if you can help :-)

I'll see what I can come up with later tonight and send it to you if I can
find the necessary diff against the kernel source.

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation