Subject: Re: Audio on NetBSD / ASC
To: Arnaud Blanchard <jblancha@pratique.fr>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/09/1998 13:57:20
Arnaud Blanchard wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Some times ago SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp , tried to
> install audio interrupt, but not succesfully... Is there anyone who has
> succesfully installed audio interrupt  ??
>
> If anyone got info/doc about ASC, can he send this ( or where to get
> it ) ??

I figured out more or less how to do this a couple of days after that
post (and I think that Keiki figured out something similar around the
same time).  Much thanks to Scott Reynolds for his help on that one,
too!  It only works on the ASC at the moment, tho.  The EASC doesn't seem
to do interrupts (or at least I haven't found them yet).  Keiki has an
ascreg.h file that kinda documents what we've learned so far, and he was
going to work on a /dev/audio implementation, but I don't know how far
that's gone at the moment....

Later.

Component Design Engineer - PMD                 Intel Corporation