Subject: Help Can't Boot on Pef 476 (68040)
To: NetBSD Group <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: sclark <sclark@htfm.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1998 21:08:12
I've installed NetBSD 1.3.2 on a Performa 476 with an upgraded
processor from 68LC040 to a true 68040. I am using one Root&Usr
partition. I am new to the BSD system and can use any help anyone
can offer. When I start booting it dispays the following and then
accepts no input from the keyboard untill I try to break into
MacsBug and it displays the rest of an error then I have to restart.
I need to use unix for my computer class. This is the closest I
have ever been to having it run on my computer.

>[ preserving 323395 butes of netbsd symbol table ]
>Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998
>     The NetBSD Foundatin, Inc. All rights reserved.
>Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
>     The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
>
>NetBSD 1.3.2 (GENERICSBC) #0: Sun May 17 00:31:35 CDT 1998
>     scittr@beach:/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/GENERICSBC
>Apple Macintosh LC 475 (68040)
>cpu: delay factor 226
>real mem = 37748736
>avail mem = 33386496
>using 204 buffers containing 835584 bytes of memory
>mrg: 'Quadra/Centris 605 ROM's ROM glue, tracing off, debug off, silent traps
>mrg: I/O map kludge for ROM's that use hardware addressing directly.
>adb: bus subsystem
>panic:    ResHndls table too small!
>
>Stopped at _Debugger+0x6:  unlk  a6
>db> Panic switch: PC is 0xd 7712.
>Stopped at _Debugger+0x6: unlk a6
>db>

I hope it is something simple, I've reinstalled twice.
Thank you, in advance
sean