Subject: Re: New Booter (1.11.3b6) available for testing
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/08/1998 10:52:51
> > * Found bug with 1.11.3b3 in that, if both Serial Console _and_ Serial
> >   Boot Echo were set, the kernel would hang about when it would be
> >   starting the getty.
>
> What was this bug? At least in 1.3 (and 1.2 I thought), serial console
> explicitly disables serial echo. ??

	I must admit that I didn't look into the kernel's code,
but it seems that having:

SERIALECHO=0xFF
SERIALFLAGS=0x1

caused the boot to hang near the getty stage. I didn't bother looking
further, since the conditions that caused the error were the Booter's
(i.e. my) fault.

P.S. (Belated) Congratulations on the doctorate.
     Should I to change all the references to your name
     in the Booter and Booter Manual to Dr Bill Studenmund ? :-)

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "reality is that which     |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  |  doesn't go away when you  |