Subject: Re: Is this a new disk problem?
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/07/1998 22:02:20
On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> Gee, I wasn't expecting that strong a reaction.  I thought this was just an
> obscure harware/driver interaction.

sorry.  i was under the impression, somehow, that the fstab you had shown
was the one with the problem.

> >you should not modify rc files to sequence the fsck's.
>
> Why not?  (No offense.)

in this case, no, it's a reasonable workaround.  i guess nobody has gotten
around to prioritizing fscks yet; that issue came up in the circles i run
in quite some time ago, and i thought for sure it had been resolved.

> Perhaps I didn't make it clear that the above is my current, working fstab.

*ding*  <- the sound the light bulb above my head makes when it goes on.

sheepishly yours,

--scott

-> Get your official NetBSD-1.3.2 CDROM set today! http://www.netbsd.com/ <-