Subject: NFS between NetBSD 1.3.2 and Solaris 2.5?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/07/1998 19:11:57
I can't seem to export an NFS filesystem from MacBSD to Solaris.

My NetBSD /etc/exports file is:

/mirror -ro -mapall=nobody

My Solaris /etc/vfstab entry is (extra tabs removed to avoid line wrap in
email):

#device		device	mount	FS	fsck	mount	mount
#to mount	to fsck	point	type	pass	at boot	options
hotzmac:/mirror	-	/mirror	nfs	-	yes	ro,bg

The error I get is (hand copied):

hotzsun# mount /mirror
nfs mount: hotzmac:: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out
nfs mount: backgrounding: /mirror

The man pages make it sound like this should all "just work."  I thought I
covered all the bases.  Any debugging suggestions?