Subject: Re: Serial port fixes
To: Dr. Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/02/1998 11:12:59
At 10:01 AM -0700 7/2/98, Dr. Bill Studenmund wrote:
>I thought we squished the ttyflags one. If not, can you test patches?

I have the last patch you sent me installed, but it doesn't make any
difference.  For details on my kernel take a look at
ftp://macbsd.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/users/hotz.

The copy of your patch there was regenerated after hand-applying it to 1.3.
When I applied it to 1.3.2, patch told me it was reversed.  I think I did
everything correctly otherwise, but you may want to check me a bit.  I case
you forgot:  macbsd.jpl.nasa.gov is a Q840av running 1.3.2 with assorted
bugfixes.

To answer your question directly:  yes I can and have tested patches.

To support full disclosure:  the hang happens after fsck has printed 3 of
the 4 partition checking messages it's supposed to.  The ttyflags setting
is the next thing after that so I assume it's failing there and the last
fsck line just doesn't get printed before the machine hangs.  I think I
checked that once, but not recently since I've forgotten how to break into
the kernel debugger from the keyboard (or it doesn't work on a q840av even
with the latest JPW HWDIRECT patches).