Subject: more OSFA stuff
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/31/1998 11:25:32
Hello,

There was just some talk about the broken colors on machines using the OSFA
color xserver (in my case,  on a quadra700 with GENERIC#0 1.3.1 kernel). I
tried disabling all the color extensions in MacOS, but that doesn't seem to
be doing a bit of good - the color "difference" is the same (xsetroot
-solid blue is making the screen background green consistently, as opposed
to random colors).

Did anyone find a way to get around the broken colors?

Incidently, the broken colors are not only showing up on internal video,
but on the nubus monitor, which is using the color lkm.  The color changes
in both monitors are also the same.

What did work fine: color xserver (Colin's, I think) with 1-bit internal
video, and 8-bit nubus video.

Sorry for bringing up old stuff,

  - a