Subject: Modem
To: 'MacBSD' <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Thompson <paul@abyss.co.nz>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/31/1998 21:58:37
Ok, I've tried for hours to get my modem to work on my BSD system. (1.3,
LC475, full '040, 2.3GB hd, Supra 14.4 LC modem yadda yadda yadda). I've
read FAQ's on STANDARD/PPP/SLIP and they all start assuming that your modem
just magically goes. (Guess whos doesn't :-) ). I've even hooked up my
monitor to see if there was something that I missed in the booter... I
played with the serial settings but that hasn't made any difference...

When I try pppd or cu it doesn't even get to dialing the modem, so I don't
think that it's my settings in the pppd setup.

When I try CU I get the following:

purgatory# cu -l /dev/tty00 -s 19200
Connected.
cu: write: Input/output error

Disconnected.
purgatory#

under pppd I get Connect Script failed. (Not a lot of help :-) ). I have
even rebuilt all the device files. So my basic question is how do I get
this damn modem to go? :-) BTW, if it's important the modem works just
great under MacOS 7.5

Cheers, Paul.
paul@abyss.co.nz