Subject: Re: configuring Network card
To: Koji Kimura <kimura@mailhost.net>
From: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/30/1998 18:38:57
>I am facing a problem while starting MacBSD after configuration of
>network card.
>If you have time, please give me help.
>
>I have an "APPLE ETHERNET NB TWISTED-PAIR CARD 1993" which uses "SONIC-T
>DP 83934CVUL-20".  It is recognized as sn0 while booting.
>My computer is Macintosh IIci /w Quantum Lightning ProDrive 730MB, 32MB
>memory and Kanji Talk 7.5.1 as system.  My version of BSD is 1.3.
>I had nothing trouble while booting MacBSD till I setup Networkcard.
>
>I configured as below.
>/etc/rc.conf
>	hostname="ci"
>	domainname="bekkoame.ne.jp"
>	defaultroute=""

[snip]

>Router address is 192.168.0.1(default).

[snip]

you probably want to use the router address (192.168.0.1) for the
defaultroute="" line in /etc/rc.conf.
the resulting lien shoudl look like:defaultroute="192.168.0.1"

>IP-NAT How-To page is not reachable.

I sincerely apologize for making the page unavailable for all this time.
The end of the academic school year required it's relocation:

	http://radon.moof.ai.mit.edu/~armenb/ipnat.html

again, sorry for the inconvenience.

  - a