Subject: More Kernel Hacking Questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: I-Jong Lin <ijonglin@EE.Princeton.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1998 12:19:59
To All:

    I'm starting to debug a cross-compiled kernel on my machine for
turning on a particular accelerator.  Due to the cross-compilation and the
accelerator and the speed of my NetBSD machine, it would be really hard to
do a direct trace on the kernel.  So, is there any good way of figuring out
how far the kernel has gotten along such as putting in code to beep or flash
a light or something?   It's a pretty weird question, but all the changes
I'm making are right as NetBSD starts up (+ cross-compile + accelerator stuff).
And when it freezes at the start, I'd like to know how far it actually got.

Thanks in advance,
I-Jong