Subject: Please tell me how to shutdown.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQmc2eiEhPjROSRsoQg==?= <QYV02074@niftyserve.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/29/1998 12:39:00
How do you do?
I have just installed NetBSD, and I become a member of this ML today.
I am Mac IIvi and IIsi user. NetBSD 1.3 is running on IIvi (20M memory/200M HD
D)
One quesstion I have.
Whenever I type "shutdown -h now", the machine displays the message;
"You may turn the machine off, or hit any key to reboot", then it waits.
In order to turn the machine off safely,  I always have to reboot it and shutd
own from MacOS side.

When I have installed OpenBSD 2.2 on the same machine, that had no problem. i.
e. OpenBSD system
could shut the machine off automatically.
Would you tell me how to custamize (or recompile the kernel) to do so on NetBS
D/mac68k?

Thanks.

Akiyoshi Oogushi from Yokohama, Japan (QYV02074@niftyserve.or.jp)